Kansans took advantage of several opportunities to provide public input during the redistricting process. KS Fair Maps is providing the following overview on the number, geographic reach, and content of the testimony received.
2021 Listening Tour (August and November, 2021)
398 pieces of testimony submitted
- 243 (61%) request that the KC metro area remain together
- Geographic reach
Round 1 (August, 2021)
Round 2 (November, 2021)
*Not Applicable, testimony guidelines required the suggestions be for the District of the meeting
Congressional Maps Testimony (January 2022)
284 pieces of testimony submitted
- 165 Opponent/Neutral of Ad Astra 2
- 22 Proponent of Ad Astra 2
- 83 Opponent/Neutral of Ad Astra 2
- 14 Proponent of Ad Astra 2
KSFM Call to Action to oppose Ad Astra 2 map (January - February 2022)
2,966 Messages from 1,606 Individuals
- 968 to Gov.
- 1,998 to Leg.
- CD1: 124
- CD2: 420
- 99 people from Wyandotte County
- 712 people from Johnson County
- CD4: 232
- 41 Senate Districts
- 123 House Districts
- 137 Cities
- 60 Counties
** Out of state people have been removed from geographical analysis but are included in the total number of individuals
Do you like this post?